Going green is really not difficult. There are many little things you can do every day to help reduce greenhouse gases and make a less harmful impact on the environment.
- Pay attention to how you use water.
- Leave your car at home.
- Walk or ride your bike to work, school and anywhere you can.
- Recycle.You can help reduce pollution just by putting that soda can in a different bin.
- Compost. Think about how much trash you make in a year.
- Change your light bulbs.
- Make your home more energy efficient (and save money)
- Maintain your car. Underinflated tires decrease fuel economy by up to three percent and lead to increased pollution and higher greenhouse gas emissions [Source: EPA]
- Drive smarter. Slow down — driving 60 miles per hour instead of 70 mph on the highway will save you up 4 miles per gallon. [Source: Consumer Guide Automotive].
- Turn off lights when you’re not in the room and unplug appliances when you’re not using them